Due to lobbying, renewable energy has never been given a fair chance. There were a number of speculations about how renewable energy is not an option that is completely viable. However, times are changing and we as a society are forced to take a positive step to build a cleaner and greener planet as the fate of our planet lies on the brink of extinction. Intelizon lighting solutions has shown the world that it is not only highly possible to run industries on renewable energy, but also that the positive effects are undeniable.
Hindustan Zinc Ltd.
One of the world’s leading producers of lead, zinc, cadmium and silver is a mining company called Hindustan Zinc Ltd. Their branch in Yashad Bhawan, Udaipur is leading the way to a safer and cleaner environment-friendly world. After a good deal of research, the organization has come to the conclusion that renewable energy solutions are the best way forward. Being a company that takes their business ethics seriously, Hindustan Zinc Ltd. wanted to enhance all their operations such as smelting and mining by utilizing sustainable technologies.
Hindustan Zinc Ltd. installed 60 Intelizon Zonstreet solar lights on its premises. The lights are not attached to any grid or power source. Due to this, there is absolutely no non-renewable energy usage or wastage. Furthermore, the lights have been proven to be very safe to use since there is no risk of getting electrocuted. The only power source for the lights are solar panels that are placed at appropriate angles to face the sun.
Why Zonstreet Lights?
Intelizon turned out to be the solar lighting company of Hindustan Zinc Ltd.’s choice due to their proven reliability and the use of high-end technology.
- Instead of using the regular lead-acid batteries that do not last for a very long and consume an excessive amount of energy, Intelizon uses long-lasting lithium-ion batteries.
- The batteries are in-built, which also makes them tamper and theft-proof.
- Zonstreet lights use lenses and reflectors to increase the intensity of the lights though the wattage used is a lot lower than regular lights.
- Intelizon uses LED lights instead of regular incandescent lights. Due to this, the lights use approximately 90% less energy, making them an energy-efficient option.
- The lights are also a lot brighter than regular incandescent lights, which means that the same amount of electricity produces more intense light and lasts a lot longer.
- The lights are wireless so one does not necessarily have to manually turn them ON or OFF. This once again helps in the conservation of energy.
- The solar lights and panels are of very high-quality, so the cost of maintaining them are practically nil.
- LED lights fitted on Zonstreet lights last for an average of 5 years, making them the perfect lighting solution.
- Zonstreet lights have motion-sensors due to which they switch on every time a person walks past. This helps in the conservation of energy.
- Solar energy uses direct current instead of alternating current. The lack of power grids improves the amount of energy stored and further reduces the amount of energy wasted due to electricity conversion.
- The brightness of Intelizon Zonstreet lights auto-adjust to the intensity of ambient light, saving even more energy.
- Zonstreet GSM lights can be controlled with an IOS or an Android mobile phone.
- The lights are also aesthetically appealing.
Feedback on Intelizon’s Solar Zonstreet Lights
They say that actions speak louder than words and Intelizon has reasons to celebrate. After the installation of Intelizon Zonstreet lights at Hindustan Zinc Ltd., Yashad Bhawan, has been awarded the highly-prestigious CII-IGBC Platinum Green building award. This has been a positive step in the recognition of the role played by Intelizon to prove that renewable energy is a viable solution for a greener and sustainable planet.