IoT connected lighting has made it safer, greener & smarter to manage solar power. In fact, conventional grid outdoor lighting is one of the most expensive infrastructure assets which often consume about half of the city ’s total
energy budget. This is why governments around the world under pressure to become energy efficient are looking towards IoT which can deliver immediate benefits.
Energy-Efficient LED Light Fixtures
Several cities have already started replacing conventional luminaries with energy-efficient LED light fixtures. There are several benefits to centrally monitoring & controlling of an intelligent network of outdoor LED lights including the following.
- Power consumption & costs can be dramatically lowered, with some cities realizing up to 80% savings of energy.
- Improves safety by fast detection of outages. Lighting can be increased in high-crime areas or in response to emergencies.
- Smart lights can be dynamically adjusted, like adding or reducing illumination in response to weather events & at different times of the day.
Connected lighting infrastructure will lay a foundation for a wide range of smart applications that will improve safety, efficiency & quality of life. Connected outdoor smart lighting networks will also provide a platform for video surveillance & much more.
Proven Reliability of Smart Solar Street Lights
Smart solar street lights are reliable, simple to deploy & can reach almost anywhere. You can develop a unified IoT infrastructure for lighting & other value-added solutions. Here are some of the other aspects of smart solar street lighting.
- Scalability – Cellular technology provides reliable connectivity which can scale from very low to high data transmission so as to support a wide range of street lighting applications. You can scale your solutions to support everything from dimming of lights to inventory management to more bandwidth-intensive applications like sensor monitoring & video surveillance.
- Ease of Installation – There is no need for complex initial surveys, advanced installation expertise or ongoing network maintenance with cellular technology at the stand-alone solar street light pole. The secure & reliable cellular network which is already in place will immediately connect when you turn on the cellular node.
- Maintaining Standards – Solar street lights can remain inthe field for decades after deployment. You can build smart solutions based on global standards which would be supported for several years with cellular street lighting solutions.
Intelizons’ IOT Based Solar Street Lights
With InteliZons’ Zonstreet now having an inbuilt communication card, smart outdoor solar street lighting just got smarter. This is the next level of outdoor solar street lighting solution where you can remotely monitor & control the system through your mobile phone or desktop. The communication options are SMS, wifi, bluetooth and hotspot. Other advantages which come with Zonstreet IOT are self-autonomy, motion detection, remote control, remote monitoring & overall system health checkup. With over 5 years of field operation, Zonstreet IOT has proved to be extremely reliable. Most ideal locations where Zonstreet IOT can be applied are factories, petrol pumps, campuses, villages & communities. This is the next generation of GSM-based solar street lighting solution which is bound to change the landscape of wireless lighting in the days to come.