As solar electricity is unexpectedly gaining traction in India, many new domestic consumers are making their future houses destiny-equipped for solar. The solar era has been significantly famous given its sheer economics. It is now extra affordable to put in a solar power system at your house especially for places now no longer linked with the grid. Installing a solar power system contains large financial savings in power bills and has an ROI of at least four to five years. We have some very interesting facts on this topic for new domestic consumers who presently account for simply 1-2% of our target market, and however, are anticipated to develop as time passes and additionally for electric and creation engineers who’re answerable for building new houses.
Planning of internal wiring at the time of new construction is imperative if you are planning to install a solar system at your home in the future. The present construction in India makes minor issues for installers and hence for solar customers. As the house does not have the mandatory wiring infrastructure currently, it prolongs the time for installers to install. The additional issues could be insufficient materials. The solar company generally sends a typical 12-15 feet length of wire which might not be adequate and may lead to superfluous chaos between the installer and customer leading to an immoral customer experience.
We, thus, recommend keeping the following points in mind to style your homes solar-friendly. Like indispensable wiring is needed for the installation of inverter battery, dish cables, ACs, etc. likewise establishment should be made for solar wiring. When you are planning to build a house, there are few elementary things that must be proposed to the building engineer. According to your given ideas, they can design your home map.
- Rooftop Strength: A solar system necessitates the installation of solar panels and solar stands which are heavyweight and thus the rooftop must be robust enough to resist the weight. The rooftop must be at least 6 inches in complexity so that the fastening can easily fit and will not damage the roof. A sturdy base on rooftops is compulsory so that fasteners can fix it appropriately.
- Installation Direction: The act of the solar panels depends upon the direction in which the panels are positioned. The best direction to position solar panels is south as here they obtain the maximum sunlight. East and West directions also can work fine. North is the only direction that we should not put our panels on. Since India is in the Northern Hemisphere, the south direction should work best here. Also, we need to make sure there are no hindrances to sunlight like tree shade or other high buildings, etc.
- Wiring Connection: A potential buyer needs to have at least a two-inch diameter PVC pipe fitted running right from the roof to the ground that houses both the solar and earthing wire. Earthing connection requires to be at a distance of 1 meter from the partition. Today a usual house needs a 1-5 kW solar system. In the present construction, the pipe is there but the depth of the pipe is not adequate. It is suggested to have a two-inch-wide pipe from the rooftop to the ground which should fit in all the wires.
- Stair Space: The staircase must have at least one meter space width so solar installers can carry and move the panels effortlessly. The customer buys the solar system and the company transports the same which is normally kept on the ground floor. But since the system is usually installed on the roof, the installers might face exertion in moving and lifting the panels up to the roof if enough space is not there.
- Choose Exact Solution: The customer should adopt between the off-grid and on-grid solutions. If he is looking for power backup in a commercial place as his main cause for installing solar then he should opt for an off-grid solar system but if his goal is to lessen his monthly electricity bills then he should undoubtedly choose an on-grid solar system.
- Type of Wire Connection: It is generally observed that 1kW load sanction is standard for homes. If consumption upsurges, the buyer must install a three-phase meter. If the homeowner ponders that his power consumption might increase in the future, he should then initially install a three-phase meter at home.
- Home Load Division: There should be an indistinct division of load. In the existing construction, load division is not clear – if there is an AC connected in one phase and the rest of the home load is in another phase, this may cause loopholes. Hence home load division should be equivalent. Every phase must have equal wattage for the appropriate division of load.
Intelizon is a leading solar company and also a pioneer in lithium ion-based solar systems. The company has a wide range of indoor and outdoor platforms with unique features which benefit those homeowners who plan energy-efficient homes. All the Intelizon products are 100% customized and Made in India. We use the market’s best-in-class components and our in-house quality metrics are the topmost in the industry.